At Sunny Day Pediatric Dentistry, our goal is to provide excellent dental cleanings in a comfortable, clean, and caring environment. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends that your child is seen within 6 months of their first tooth or by age 1. It is also recommended to visit the dentist at least twice per year. Regular exams and professional cleanings can help to ensure optimal oral health.
Professional cleanings rid the teeth of harmful plaque and tartar build-up. This is important for preventing tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health issues. Additionally, a professional cleaning may remove some surface stains. This can help keep your child’s teeth looking whiter and brighter!
During your child’s examination, we will also:
- Evaluate your child’s overall oral health
- Discuss oral hygiene practices and habits
- Check your child’s bite and jaw for any issues
- Evaluate your child’s risk of tooth cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer
- Evaluate existing tooth restorations
- Take dental x-rays if necessary
- Check alignment of teeth and assess growth and development
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for maintaining a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile.