Dr. Brandy Richards is a highly accomplished pediatric dentist who is proud to be providing the most advanced and comprehensive oral health care to children of all ages in the Concord community. Having the opportunity to work alongside her husband at Sunny Day Pediatric Dentistry, a practice they worked so hard to establish, is a tremendous blessing to Dr. Richards. She wholeheartedly embraces the prospect of working with children and families and ensures that each child receives the highest quality dental care, along with the attention they deserve.
“I love making kids laugh and making them feel comfortable and confident in the dental setting,” shares Dr. Richards. “Moreover, I also enjoy working with parents and caregivers to achieve their oral health goals, and especially with mothers and babies to support their nursing journeys.” In addition, she explains, “My patients love that I am always cheerful, laughing, a good listener, and supportive of their goals. Parents enjoy interacting with me because they see that I care for them and their children, as well as that I am practical and considerate of the specific needs of each family.“
- Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Pediatric
Dentistry, July 2018
Pediatric Dentistry Residency
- Degree: Master of Science in Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, May 2016
Degree: Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA: August 2008- May 2012
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Biology with Chemistry minor
Awards and Recognition
- Richard C. Pugh Achievement Award 2018-This award honors the top three percent of scores on the written American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Board Exam.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Award at VCU 2016- Student most likely to achieve greatness in the field of Pediatric Dentistry
- Old Dominion Society Scholarship Recipient- January 2014, January 2015